Just because an object has ‘safety’ in its name, that doesn’t mean it’s always harmless - as one woman discovered when she swallowed a pin.
The safety pin became lodged in her oesophagus after opening in her throat.
The coloured X-ray is among a host of scans that will have you scratching your head and wondering why someone would swallow anything other than food.
Hard to swallow: The coloured X-ray shows a safety pin lodged in the oesophagus of a woman
Sadly, as weird and fascinating they are to look at, the pictures do not come with an explanation.
They include a patient who swallowed two forks - plus a toothbrush and a ballpoint pen.
Luckily the surgeon had a knife to cut the cutlery out with.
In need of a knife: A patient who swallowed two forks - plus a ballpoint pen and toothbrush
Hammer time: X-ray of a nail lodged in the finger of an adult male
Some scans – like the severed finger and nail through a hand – are more horrific than hilarious, however.
X-rays were first observed and documented in 1895 by Wilhelm Conrad Roentgen, a German scientist who found them quite by accident when experimenting with vacuum tubes. X-rays are, like light and radio waves, a form of electromagnetic radiation.
Ouch! A victim's finger was sliced off by a knife attacker
CT scanning is a further development of the use of X-ray. Using a sophisticated scanner connected to a computer, it is possible to construct a series of pictures that look at the living body in cross-section.
Untuk menerjemahkannya silakan, translate sendiri yach.....